Sunday, December 25, 2011

#11: Visit France, #14: Visit England, #18 Visit Spain








I am way over due for updating this blog... I'll try to fit in as much as I can. I went to Europe in September for 3 weeks and in doing so checked off quite a few of my items. It was an incredible experience... 21 days with 2 of my best girlfriends seeing several sites and countries that I'd dreamed of seeing for as long as I can remember. Funny, I lived in China for a year... visited Beijing, Japan, the Philippines, and Thailand... all of which were trips that were just a "why the hell not" sort of experience. I love traveling, and if the opportunity came, I took it. But Europe was something I'd built up as being the one place I'd wanted to see and therefor was almost "special" in some way. I kept saving it for something... wanting to experience it when I was able to experience it in the utmost - some "magical" way. Particularly France, since I purposely took French for 2 years in college and considered majoring in communications just so I could move there, and Spain since that is where my family comes from. But I realized, I was holding out for something unspecific. For the idea of something that may or may not ever really come. The best time to go is when you can... and just like with most things in life, waiting for the "right" time.. holding out for that "perfect" moment, it just means you're letting opportunity pass you by. I've always been the type to just take advantage of opportunity when it comes my way. I don't regret being that way... it's awarded me some amazing experiences and people to come into my life. And I will say, I've been Lucky. But I'm making it a goal to try and seek out things I want as well - go after things with a bit more ambition. It may still be somewhat impulsive, but when I decided I wanted to go to Europe before the year's end, I was determined to make it happen. And it did. And in the words of the great Galinda (Galinda, with a Ga):, "I couldn't be happier" with the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment