Monday, March 21, 2011

#65: Bake my first cake (or other magnificent pastry)


I hate to be the type of person that needs an occasion to do anything, but in this particular case, I couldn't think of a better occasion to check off one of my items: a birthday! And every birthday deserves a yummy treat to celebrate with. So in honor of Josh's day of birth, I made him a chiffon cake with strawberries and butter cream frosting - All from scratch! Of course it helps to have a roommate who happens to be a wiz in the baking department. But I am proud to say that the decorations adorning this very stylized cake was done by none other than yours truly. And for those of you who may have always pondered this... the Beatles font is called "bootle". Yeah, I never would have known that either. Thank the cake.


2 comments: